Vs > Whangapoua Forest
Surat Thani vs Whangapoua Forest Climate & Distance Between
Surat Thani vs Lundazi, Zambia
Surat Thani vs Nagano, Japan
Surat Thani vs Matecana, Colombia
Surat Thani vs Wakeeney, Ks, Usa
Whangapoua Forest vs Winthrop College, Sc, Usa
Whangapoua Forest vs Chico, Chile
Whangapoua Forest vs Turku, Finland
Whangapoua Forest vs Buenos Aires, Argentina
Prince Rupert, British Columbia vs Albany, Western Australia
Eyrewell Forest vs Minya
Lexington, Va vs Rumipamba
Bristol/ Tri City, Tn vs Smolensk
- The distance between Surat Thani, Thailand and Whangapoua Forest, New Zealand is approximately 9,431 km or 5,861 mi.
- To reach Surat Thani in this distance one would set out from Whangapoua Forest bearing 285.5° or WNW and follow the great circles arc to approach Surat Thani bearing 308.6° or NW .
- Surat Thani has a tropical wet and dry/ savanna climate with dry winters (Aw) whereas Whangapoua Forest has a marine west coast climate (Cfb).
- Surat Thani is in or near the subtropical moist forest biome whereas Whangapoua Forest is in or near the warm temperate dry forest biome.
- The average temperature is 11.7 °C (21.1°F) warmer.
- Average monthly temperatures vary by 6 °C (10.8°F) less in Surat Thani. The continentality subtype is extremely hyperoceanic as opposed to barely hyperoceanic.
- Total annual precipitation averages 226.8 mm (8.9 in) less which is equivalent to 226.8 l/m² (5.57 US gal/ft²) or 2,268,000 l/ha (242,464 US gal/ac) less. About 7/8 as much.
- The altitude of the sun at midday is overall 21.3° higher in Surat Thani than in Whangapoua Forest.
Climate Comparison Table
The table shows values for Surat Thani relative to Whangapoua Forest. You can also view this comparison the other way around from the perspective of Whangapoua Forest vs Surat Thani
|Average Temperature °C ( °F)
|Average Precipitation mm (in)
|| -70 (-3)
|| -105 (-4)
|| -130 (-5)
|| -108 (-4)
|| -93 (-4)
|| -41 (-2)
|| -78 (-3)
|| -227 (-9)
|Average Daylight Hours & Minutes/ Day
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day (°)
There are so many comparison pages. Please post a link to one to help people find them:
Surat Thani vs Labe, Guinea
Surat Thani vs Uttaradit East, Thailand
Surat Thani vs Oita, Japan
Surat Thani vs Chiclayo, Peru
Whangapoua Forest vs Fukuoka, Japan
Whangapoua Forest vs Magadan, Russia
Whangapoua Forest vs Byron Bay, Nt, Canada
Whangapoua Forest vs Encarnacion, Paraguay
Ishinomaki vs La Paz
Conakry vs Mastagi
Chanthaburi vs Bulgan
Cook, South Australia vs Kljuci
Surat Thani vs Whangapoua Forest Discussion
You are welcome to incorporate your thoughts on the differences in climate or other matters such as contrasts in culture, standard of living, demographics etc.
Currently under general maintenance.|
Climate Guides for Locations near Surat Thani
Climate Guides for Locations near Whangapoua Forest